Your business is only as good as its image. Consumers want to patronize companies they trust to deliver quality products and valuable services. Looking for ways to improve your image and encourage prospects to trust you? Here are some tips you can use:
1. It’s not just what you know. It’s also who you know. Associating with experts in your field can help your credibility in the eyes of your potential customers. Make the most of these associations. For example, you might post a guest blog from an industry expert or write a post for the expert’s blog. Taking advantage of opportunities to interview or partner with experts can help as well.
2. Monitor mentions of your business. When customers share positive comments about you online, they help improve your image. However, these comments won’t help you as much if only a few people see them. Monitor for positive mentions of your business, and when you find them, be sure to share them and thank the person who posted. Doing so can help you increase engagement and visibility while showing other Internet users that you are trustworthy.
3. Share impressive stats. For many customers, there’s no proof of your value and credibility that is better than numbers. Let’s say you’ve served your thousandth customer or provided quantifiable results for your clients. Share these numbers. What if you’ve recently polled your customers and received some pretty exciting answers? Share the exciting answer and the number of customers who provided it online.
4. Provide guarantees and keep your promises. Sometimes, it’s that money-back guarantee that convinces a wary customer to try a new product or trust a new business. You have a great product or service? Go ahead and back it up with a guarantee to match. Likewise, if you promise your customers something–great service, fast delivery, service with a smile, deliver on it every time.
5. Make it your mission to fix mistakes–quickly. Of course, problems develop from time to time, and you’d have to be superhuman to avoid them. Fix problems right away, apologize for the mishap, and over-deliver to make up for it. Chances are your customers will remember the effort you put into pleasing them and share their experience with others.
6. Ask for recommendations and endorsements. Many happy customers will go ahead and provide testimonials on their own, but some might not consider it until you ask. Post testimonials on your website, and ask customers to review your offerings on sites like Amazon and Yelp. Don’t forget about LinkedIn. LinkedIn recommendations and endorsements can give your image a significant boost.
Liked this post? Subscribe to our newsletter for more tips!